HTC Plant believes that training and education is the way to achieve competency and safety within the working environment.
To achieve this HTC Plant employ a dedicated CITB registered Training Department who maintains the training policy, objectives and achievements of the workforce. As well as training facilities in Sheffield we have a purpose built training centre at Preston Brook, Cheshire.
Our own employee training achievements include:-
• Many Managers have a NEBOSH National Construction Certificate for Level 3 Construction Health and Safety.
• Most Managers and Tower Crane Supervisors are Appointed Persons.
• All Managers and Erection Supervisors have attended the 5 Day SMSTS Course
• All Managers have achieved or are working towards NVQ Level 4 in Supervisory Management
• All Erection Supervisors have attended the 5 Day SMSTS Course and have achieved or are working towards NVQ Level 3 in Supervisory Management.
• All Erection, Service and Maintenance Personnel are manufacturer trained by Wolffkran in Germany
• All Erection and Service personnel receive Industrial Climber, Working at Height and Tower Crane rescue training,
• All Tower Crane Operatives have achieved or are working towards NVQ Level 2
• All Personnel who visit site hold either CPCS or CSCS cards.
Most employees also have torque and tool training, are first aid trained and many are qualified wire rope and lifting equipment examiners.
Training is extremely important to creating a safe environment and our training department is a big part of our business, almost a business within itself. We offer bespoke training courses for some of our clients which give them a better understanding of cranes and the activities involved with them. This enables our client to plan safely, be up to date with legislation and to maximise the crane package we offer.
We have a close working relationship with CITB in Bircham Newton and work closely with several other training companies to provide all training related to the construction and plant hire industry.
We are closely involved with the fire rescue service, anti terrorist units and many other organizations and committees. We donated a crane to the fire service in Bradford where they can train and exercise for the rescue of lone workers. Many organizations, including the third party engineering insurance company we use train on our cranes at our Sheffield yard.
|Appointed Person Lifting Operations||Cpcs Category A61|
|Crane Supervisor||Cpcs Category A62|
|Slinger Signaller||Cpcs Category A40|
|Tower Crane Operator||Cpcs Category A04 (a + b)|
|Lifting Management (In house plant management based on Tower cranes)|
Also available are most construction plant categories for training and testing to Cpcs standards.
HTC Plant is featured on the Construction Skills web site as a registered test centre and all available categories are listed thereon.
For prices and availability contact HTC Plant training department direct.